Friday, 24 July 2026

Paws for hope foundation paws for hope better together program follow up

Follow-Up Notice

Following my previous publication outlining the contractual and legal concerns surrounding my Better Together enrollment, I remain disappointed that Paws for Hope has chosen not to respond to my communications.

Multiple emails have been sent in good faith in an effort to resolve this matter respectfully and without litigation. To date, those communications have gone unanswered.

Silence does not resolve contractual disputes. It simply leaves the documented issues unaddressed.

I have now clearly explained my position, cited the relevant provisions of the signed enrollment agreement, and outlined the legal principles I believe apply. The evidence, correspondence, and contractual documentation continue to be preserved.

I remain willing to resolve this matter professionally if Paws for Hope chooses to engage in meaningful dialogue. However, if the organization continues to ignore these concerns, I will proceed with the legal and administrative remedies available to me under British Columbia law.

This matter is not about personal conflict. It is about contractual accountability, procedural fairness, and ensuring that organizations entrusted with serving vulnerable members of the community honour the agreements they ask people to sign.

The opportunity to resolve this matter remains open. The choice to do so rests with Paws for Hope.

After publishing my previous post outlining my contractual concerns with Paws for Hope's Better Together Program, I have continued to reflect on one issue that I believe deserves attention.

The agreement I signed in 2021 is a specific enrollment contract. It outlines the services provided, the responsibilities of both parties, the role of the Human Support Coordinator, and the expectations for participation in the program. It is not a contract requiring me to surrender my ability to speak publicly about my own experiences.

My blog exists outside the scope of that agreement. It is my personal platform, where I document my life, my experiences, and the events that have affected me and my dogs over the past several years. Sharing my own experiences is not the same as violating the terms of a veterinary care agreement.

What I find particularly concerning is that Paws for Hope has publicly promoted participants sharing their stories through media interviews and public awareness campaigns when those stories reflect positively on the organization. Yet when my experience was different, my public commentary became part of the justification for terminating my enrollment.

To me, that is an inconsistency that cannot be ignored.

If participants are encouraged to speak publicly when the message benefits the organization, they should not be discouraged or penalized for honestly describing experiences that are less favourable. My experience is still my experience, whether it is positive or negative.

The Board's own response confirms that my blog posts were considered as part of their decision-making process. That is why I continue to question whether relying on my personal blog was consistent with the scope of the agreement I signed.

This has never been about attacking anyone personally. It has always been about documenting what happened, explaining why I believe the agreement was not followed, and standing up for myself and my dogs.

I have made every reasonable effort to communicate directly with the organization before speaking publicly. Those efforts have largely gone unanswered. My blog has become the place where I preserve the timeline, the documents, and my perspective.

I will continue to document this matter truthfully, accurately, and with supporting evidence as events unfold.









No comments:

Post a Comment