Monday, 27 July 2026

Paws for hope foundation and paws for hope better together program

 Response back to Kathy Powelson and this the list of board members :









And not one of these board members stood up and said anything, they sat back and let Kathy Powelson terminate, my 13-year-old senior dog.
Again, here is a response.
That i'm going to write in regards to Kathy Powelson telling me to wait until the 20th.






 Absolutely not, Dr Llewellyn we'll be back on the 16th, but I am going to go ahead and send this email to the board members and Dr Llewellyn which is my 13-year-old seniors, dogs veterinarian, he is the one that took on her care and took all the responsibility of her. So i'm gonna go and head and share the response with him as well Because i'm not waiting until the 20th .I no longer want to communicate with Kathy Powelson I will be civil with her. But I am going to ask that somebody else take on my case. There is no human resource coordinator as I've expressed before. So, you know, someone else needs to step in.And take that position until a human coordinator is put in place.Because kathy Powelson has become
Very controlling, very manipulative, and the fact that she terminated me. It isn't actually me that she's terminated. She's terminated a 13-year-old. Senior's dog medical care and for her to do that is just like she's been doing since 2024 enough is enough. This needs to stop, you know, you know, there comes a point where, you know, there's a pattern of behavior and there's a pattern of behavior that, shows the person's intentions you know by their choices, actions and decisions they are becoming very unhealthy and hope for paws better together program environment is bring affected And she talks about harassing conduct, but meanwhile  she's using my blog that is outside of the scope of the program to terminate a 13-year-old senior dog. I mean, I'll let that speak for itself. But here is my response to the board members. And obviously in response to the email that I received from Kathy Powelson telling me I have to wait until the 20th, which is completely unacceptable.

Dear Board Directors, and Dr. Shawn Llewellyn,
​I've attached the email response I received from the Executive Director, Kathy Powelson, in which she attempts to defer this matter until her return on July 20th which I feel is a stall tactic I am addressing this to all of you, including Dr. Shawn Llewellyn, to formally state that this delay is unacceptable. By attempting to move this conversation away from you the Board members into a separate, private email , Kathy Powelson is engaging in isolation tactics that prevent Board members from exercising their necessary oversight. I will not accept a delay until the 20th for a matter that is both urgent and contractually invalid. Formal Notice of Dispute:
​The termination dated July 6, 2026, which I received via both email and registered mail, was enacted without cause and in direct violation of the Better Together Enrollment Agreement.
​The grounds cited for my termination involve actions taken entirely outside the "scope of the program." My activities on my personal blog do not constitute grounds for termination under our signed contract.
​Per the program’s policies, any alleged violations of respect are to be investigated and substantiated before action is taken; this process was completely bypassed, as I received no warning, no phone call, and no human resources ( which doesn't exist )involvement prior to the delivery of these termination papers. Invasion of Privacy and Misconduct:
Kathy Powelson’s decision to monitor and extract content from my personal, private blog which is entirely outside the scope of the program to justify the termination of my senior dog’s medical care is an egregious invasion of my privacy. This is an inappropriate misuse of her position. It is clear that this action was driven by personal bias rather than any contractual failure. I am no longer willing to operate in fear or accept threats against my dog’s medical stability based on the personal feelings of Kathy Powelson. Collective Failure of the Board:
Let me be unequivocally clear: not one member of this Board has stepped up to challenge this improper termination. Not one of you has spoken out to state that this action is wrong,



This pure example the board vice president says she can't override Kathy Powelson decision you all make decisions together as Board members and Kathy Powelson makes yes alot decision but the board of directors president Dr Llewellyn makes the ultimate decision.


 This is and was a termination without cause, or that it is a fundamental violation of the agreement to apply program standards to activities occurring entirely outside the scope of the program. Your collective silence in the face of this injustice is not merely passive; it is an endorsement of the conduct of Kathy Powelson.​Escalation to the President and Request for Interim Oversight:
Dr. Shawn Llewellyn, as President of the Board and the individual currently responsible for Zoe’s medical care, I am escalating this matter directly to you. I expect you to contact me immediately upon your return on the 16th to resolve this. This matter requires a formal investigation into the conduct of Kathy Powelson and a total review of the management of my case. I am profoundly disappointed in every member of this Board for allowing this situation to escalate since July 6th without intervention.I have reviewed the professional backgrounds of every member of this Board. Given the absence of a Human Resource Coordinator and the irreparable breakdown in the working relationship between Kathy Powelson and myself, it is imperative that the Board intervenes. Dr. Shawn Llewellyn, I am requesting that you personally appoint a member of the Board to serve as an interim Human Resource coordinator to point of contact until a permanent coordinator is in place and find someone best suited to provide the strict rule enforcement and compliance oversight required here. I have attempted to remain civil and work with Kathy Powelson, but it is clearly her pattern of behavior actions and choices prove otherwise and that she has utilized your absence to act in a manner that is professionally and ethically indefensible. This situation requires someone who will look objectively at the contract and recognize that procedural rules were violated. It is not acceptable for the Board to remain silent while these transgressions occur; I expect immediate action and professional, objective oversight from a director who understands how to audit a failure in organizational policy and not stall the situation any longer then it already has the way that im being treated and them on top of it zoe my 13 year old senior dog's medical care is being put on hold ive been trying to arrange to get her blood work done like Dr Llewellyn wanted this summer plus with a new puppy on the way we need to discuss vaccinations and risks Dr Llewellyn I left you a message june 25th 2026 was staff. The day before you were supposed to leave for three weeks. In regards to this matter and I did not get a phone call back from you. Nothing, no response whatsoever. So I hope that when you return on the 17th, that we can have a discussion in regards to that matter. And then also, what will be happening moving forward.
​Sincerely,
​Laura Justice.

Get Outlook for Android

No comments:

Post a Comment