Reclaiming My Voice: No Longer Silenced
Below are the screenshots of the reviews I left for both Tynehead Animal Hospital and Scottsdale Veterinary Hospital.
As you can see with the Tynehead review, I actually had to post it a second time. They somehow managed to get my original review deleted, so I stepped up and reposted it. I am putting these here because I am finally able to speak up. I am finally able to write reviews, speak the truth, and not have to hold things in or bottle things up anymore. For a really, really long time, having to hold all of this in and being constantly threatened was severely affecting my mental health.
None of this is fabricated. None of this is made up. None of this is lies. This is all the absolute truth.
For years, I was told I had to be quiet, and I was threatened that if I didn’t stay quiet, I would be kicked out of the program. My dog's medical care was directly used as a threat against me. It feels so incredibly good to actually be able to speak my truth now and not be silenced anymore. It feels empowering to finally have my voice back and to be able to tell people my truths.
To be honest, I already saw this coming over the past year. I knew that Kathy Powelson, the Executive Director, was going to find a way to get me out of the program one way or another. If you check my previous blog posts, I actually anticipated this exact moment. I wrote before that I could feel it coming. I knew that with Dr. Llewellyn being gone on holidays for three weeks, she was going to take that exact opportunity, jump on it, and say, "Yep, this is my opportunity right here to get her kicked out of the program."
If Dr. Llewellyn was still the President of the Board of Directors, I don't think we would be in this situation at all. But he removed himself from the drama, the stress, and the anxiety because he just wanted to focus on the animals, exactly like he said. Do you really think an animal lover like him would want to do this? Come on, that man is the only one who actually, truly cares about the animals.
It is just so unfortunate that while he is still a board member of the Paws for Hope Better Together program, his hands are tied because of the program. People like him don’t come by very often. He was just like my previous vet who passed away very caring, very loving. But it’s unfortunate that people are controlled by certain individuals and have to abide by certain rules.
It is what it is. There’s not much you can really do about that part; you just have to go on with life. I wish things didn’t end up the way that they are, but it is going to be incredibly empowering to finally talk. Whether I decide to go the civil tribunal route or the full court route so that it is a completely documented public record, I am finally going to sit in front of them and tell them the absolute truth of what has been going on behind closed doors.
As they say, what is done in the dark always comes to the light.









No comments:
Post a Comment