Wednesday, 8 July 2026

Hope for paws animal foundation

 I am writing this post to address the termination of services by the Paws for Hope: Better Together program. This decision was directed by Executive Director Kathy Powelson, and I am putting this in writing to set the record straight and provide the context that the organization has chosen to ignore.

​My blog is not a tool for harassment. It is my personal journal, my outlet for cognitive behavioral techniques (CBT), and a necessary space for me to process my life, manage my severe fibromyalgia, severe complex PTSD, and severe OCD, and navigate daily existence. Using my personal reflections to justify the termination of medical support for my 13-year-old senior dog is an act of overreach that I will not be silent about.

​Let’s look at the termination letter dated July 6, 2026, from Paws for Hope. It alleges "multiple instances of communications and conduct directed toward staff" that were supposedly threatening, yet it completely fails to provide a single name, date, time, or location to back these claims. You have no proof nothing. The only thing you can produce as "evidence" is a blog post where I was ranting.

​Furthermore, the Better Together Enrollment Agreement and Consent Form clearly outlines that a "Human Support Coordinator" is an integral part of this program, cited as the point of contact for emergency care, information updates, and enrollment maintenance. While Emily Aono , the human resource coordinator who handled my initial enrollment, is no longer in that role, the organization has not provided a current replacement. The program does not have an active Human Support Coordinator listed, which leaves me with absolutely no access to the support resources that were explicitly promised in the contract to help navigate problems like this termination.

​Take the situation with Marnie, for example, where a staff member claimed I was rude and disrespectful. That is a blatant lie. I have the transcript of that call, and it clearly shows the reality of that interaction there was no rudeness or disrespect on my part. You claim I have threatened staff, which is another total fabrication. I have never threatened anyone in my life, let alone staff members. These false allegations are just more proof that you are willing to lie to build a case against me because you have absolutely no real evidence to support this termination.

And I would just like to make a statement as well. And a comment and also that came to my mind since 2021, to 2026 I have seen so many board members and staff members come and go, it just blows my mind of how many people have left and so many new people coming in. And people not coming back, and if you look at that, is kind of suspicious and seems a bit weird to me. I mean, that's just my thought. I mean, when you work somewhere. If you enjoy that place, you stay there. If you don't enjoy where you're working. You leave and you don't go back. I mean, that's just, my thought just seems a bit suspicious to me.

​My 13-year-old senior dog is my soulmate. Our bond is unbreakable, and no amount of interference will change that. My commitment to her care is my priority. I will continue to speak my truth, use this space as a vital outlet for my cognitive behavioral techniques, and process my thoughts as I navigate this. When I write about searching for a pro bono lawyer or seeking an advocate, please understand that these are my raw thoughts, my internal processing, and my way of venting. 

​Kathy Powelson, I am curious to see what Dr. Llewellyn the Board of Directors President who is actually responsible for my dog's care will say when he returns and realizes you terminated a 13-year-old senior papillon over a blog rant. Do you understand how absurd and shameful that sounds? You have nothing on me, so you are desperate to manufacture reasons to terminate my 13-year-old senior Papillon

 This blog is my personal journal and a vital tool for my cognitive behavioral techniques. I suffer from severe complex PTSD, OCD, and fibromyalgia; when I am in severe pain, I must express my emotions to survive. A rant is an expression of feelings, not a document of absolute fact. Using my personal healing process as a justification to attack a senior dog’s medical care shows exactly who you are. If I have truly been disrespectful to staff or caused "horrible" issues, where is the evidence? Why was none of that included in the termination paper? The absence of proof in those documents proves your claims are false. You have subjected me to reactive abuse, provoking me and then punishing me for the reaction you caused. I am not making threats; I am stating the facts of this pattern of behavior.

​I better stop here, because I’m starting to get into a rant, and God forbid if I start ranting, I’m only going to get myself into more trouble. I can already imagine you running to show this to Dr. Llewellyn, going, "Oh my God, she's ranting again about me." But knowing you, you’ll try to use anything you can to twist the narrative, so I will leave it at that.

© 2026 Laura. All Rights Reserved. No part of this content may be reproduced, copied, or used without explicit written permission from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment