My name is Laura. I am a 35-year-old single woman living in Surrey, BC. I live with severe physical and mental health challenges, including severe fibromyalgia, complex PTSD, and severe OCD. I do not have any family or friends; it is just me, my senior dog Zoe, and my puppy, and they are all I have. Zoe is my medically necessary dog. She has a doctor's note from my doctor. My doctor has been my doctor for over a decade. This legally protects her under the BC Human Rights Code, Section 8(1), which explicitly protects individuals with physical or mental disabilities from being denied services or accommodation. Because Zoe is aging, I also have a successor Papillon puppy to begin the vital process of training to become my certified service dog.
I have been enrolled in the Paws for Hope "Better Together" program since 2021. The program's public mission is to keep pets and vulnerable owners together by providing veterinary and operational support. Unfortunately, my actual experience behind closed doors has contradicted this mission entirely. I have faced a systemic pattern of administrative neglect, unprovoked threats to terminate Zoe's care, and unprofessional communication, primarily driven by the Executive Director, Kathy Powelson.
Why This Blog Exists
I have remained quiet for a long time, but after receiving a final denial regarding basic veterinary support (such as puppy vaccines essential for my service dog in training), I am breaking my silence. This blog serves as a completely transparent, public cognitive behavioral evidence package.
My goal is not to spread rumors, but to present unedited, verifiable facts so that the community, the public, and the organization's donors can see exactly how funding is being managed and how disabled clients are being treated.
To ensure clarity, I will not jumble all of this information into a single narrative. Instead, I will be releasing and breaking my documentation and evidence in structured, individual posts each post will contain:
Factual Timelines: Breaking down specific operational failures chronologically.
Screen Recorded Emails: Verifiable proof of the exact communications sent by board members.
Audio Recordings & Transcripts: Direct records of the tone and language used during our interactions.
A Request for Your Patience
Because my history with this program spans from 2021 to the present, compiling, organizing, and uploading years of evidence is a massive, time consuming task. I am reviewing hundreds of records while simultaneously managing severe daily chronic pain and the physical demands of caring for my dog.
I ask that you please be patient with me as I steadily build out this archive. The truth takes time to organize properly, and I am dedicated to ensuring every single claim I make is backed by undeniable, physical proof.
Operational Failures
As you explore the upcoming posts, you will see a profound lack of organizational accountability. The program's enrollment contract explicitly references a Human Support Coordinator to manage client relations and resolve internal issues. Currently, no such independent human resources contact exists within the operations, leaving clients entirely subject to the unilateral decisions and hostile management style of the Executive Director Kathy Powelson Furthermore, with the Board of Directors President, Dr. Llewellyn, away on a three week absence, there is zero internal oversight or checks and balances to protect vulnerable clients from administrative abuse.
Thank you for standing with me, for reviewing the evidence objectively, and for demanding transparency from the organizations tasked with serving our community.
Stay tuned ... and I also just wanna make something very clear. Because this hasn't been clear. I use this vlog, as cognitive behavioral techniques. I vent, I talk, I let out my thoughts, my feelings, my emotions and I'm not doing it to harass. Anybody I'm not doing it to hurt anybody. I'm not doing it to be violent. I'm not doing anything to bully anybody. I am simply just stating facts and truth. At the end of the day and everybody has their own truth. And I'm, I have mine and I am going to write things as I want to and how I want to. This is my blog, where I journal things. And I let my thoughts and feelings out cause this is how cognitive behavioral techniques work. You talk through things, and that's what I do. I don't have family. I don't have friends, so I'm gonna use a blog to, you know, do that. And it's okay to do that. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that. And I'm not doing it to like, I said, hurt anybody or harass anybody or you know, break any contracts, or do anything like that. But apparently I have an update. My senior 13-year-old Papiya on, has been terminated from the program due to a post that I stated paused for hope, go better together. Program rant, that Post was used as a way of terminating my 13-year-old senior Papillon and I am doing this to document everything. And this is the way that I am going to document everything that's going on. And has been going on and continues to go on cause. This is my journal. This is the way that I journal things. And this is how, I you know, use my cognitive behavioral techniques. Again, like I said, I can't express that any more than I already have. So I am gonna leave it at that. And I hope that things get worked out. And I hope that the right people step in and things properly get managed and properly get fixed. And I hope that you know, I don't have to take it to the extent of going public. And you know, having to get the media involved. But I will. If I have to, because my dogs are not going to go without care. My puppy and my senior papian. That's 13, is not gonna go without care. They don't deserve to go without care. They haven't done anything wrong. They are innocent in this. And me having my own blog and my own blog, that's like a journal that I use for my cognitive behavioral techniques for my mental health. I learnt these techniques when I was in treatment. I had to use cognitive behavioral techniques for my complex P. TSD so, you know, that's just how I do things, and this is how I like to vent, and this is how I like to document things and keep things documented. I have severe OCD as well, and I will continue to keep myself updated on here and keep everything updated on here, and that is pretty much the end of it. And you know, I just really hope and pray to God that, you know the universe. And God sees us and you know, it gets figured out. Because my puppy and my senior girl do not deserve this. They haven't done anything wrong. They're innocent, innocent animals that are getting, you know, terminated or not.Accepted in the program for what reason?There's no reason it's just unacceptable.They are not pets.I've expressed that I don't know how many times and i'm not gonna keep repeating myself.I've repeated myself so many times in so many posts.It's just it's ridiculous at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment