Update: Seeking Support and Taking Further Steps
I wanted to provide an update regarding the ongoing situation with Paws for Hope and the Better Together Program.
I have contacted a legal advocate.
I also have a consultation with a pro bono lawyer.
I will also be reaching out to the British Columbia Civil Resolution Tribunal.
This is not a step I wanted to take. I made many attempts to address these concerns directly and resolve them respectfully. However, because my communications have not been meaningfully addressed, I need to seek outside assistance.
I have continued to preserve my documentation, including my enrollment agreement, termination notices, correspondence, timeline of events, recordings, and emails. My goal is to ensure that the facts and the truth contained within these records are documented and properly reviewed.
This situation is about advocating for myself and protecting Zoe’s access to necessary veterinary care. Zoe is my 13-year-old senior Papillon and is medically necessary for me. My puppy is also an important part of my future plans as she continues through the process of becoming a certified service dog.
The Better Together Program presents itself as a resource that supports people with disabilities and their animals. I was enrolled in this program from 2021 to 2026, and my personal experience did not reflect the level of support that I believe they state is available.
When I tried to access assistance with something as basic as getting Zoe’s food due to my disability-related limitations, I was told that this placed pressure on the program. That was extremely difficult for me to understand, especially when the program describes itself as supporting people who face barriers accessing resources.
I am documenting this because this situation has affected my life, my health, and my ability to feel secure about Zoe’s future care. I have kept records throughout this entire process, and I will continue to document what has happened and what continues to happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment