The Sun Cleanse and Holding On
Survival Mode: Finding Peace in the Heat After Being Left in the Dark
I am forced to survive. After the Hope For Paws "Better Together" program abruptly and unlawfully terminated my 13-year-old senior dog who has been faithfully in the program since 2021 they also completely denied my new puppy from being enrolled.
Navigating this sudden loss of support is incredibly heavy, painful, and hard on me, but I am trying as hard as possible to keep my mental health together.
The Sun Cleanse: Right now, I am sitting outside, letting the sunshine act as a natural heating pad for my severe fibromyalgia. The heat is soaking into my body to help relax my muscles and get me away from the chaos.
Fighting for My Mental Health: Dealing with severe fibro flares, complex PTSD, and OCD while fighting this situation is not easy. But I am doing everything in my power to keep my mind and body together.
An Amazing Doctor in My Corner: My doctor sees the toll this is taking. He has officially documented every single detail of this situation in my medical records to protect me, and he is fully aware of how vital my dogs are to my life.
This is what survival looks like. I am hurt, I am tired, and the pain is real but I am still here, soaking up the light, and documenting every single step of the truth.
Let me know what you want to change or tweak on this text right now so we can get it exactly how you want it.
© 2026 Laura's Truthfulness. All Rights Reserved. No part of this content may be reproduced, copied, or used without explicit written permission from the author.

No comments:
Post a Comment