Thursday, 23 July 2026

paws for hope foundation and paws for hope better together program

 Public Mission vs. Private Reality: Actions Speak Louder Than Words at Paws for Hope

​If you visit the Paws for Hope Animal Foundation website, you will find a public mission stating that they work to "ensure that no pet gets left behind" and "keep pets and people together." But as the saying goes: actions speak louder than words. When someone says they are going to do something, they need to actually do it.

​The reality of how they treat program participants tells a completely different story. My 13-year-old senior dog, Zoe, and I are no longer in the Better Together program. Our services have been officially terminated, and at the end of the day, this is about my 13-year-old senior dog and my puppy being neglected and left without the care they are entitled to.

​A One-Sided Street: Lies, Manipulation, and Gaslighting

In the past, Dr. Llewellyn asked me to remove people’s names from my posts and do certain things to cooperate. I fulfilled my obligations and did exactly what was asked. But it cannot be a one-way street where they take, take, take, and give nothing in return but neglect, lies, manipulation, and gaslighting.

​Because they refuse to work with me or fulfill their end of the contract, I am no longer leaving names out. People need to know the truth about who is involved and exactly what has happened.

​Medical Necessity and the HandyDART Reality

When I enrolled in the Better Together program, we signed a binding agreement. I am a permanently disabled individual managing severe fibromyalgia, complex PTSD, and severe OCD. I am also a permanent HandyDART customer, which the foundation is fully aware of.

​My 13-year-old senior dog is medically necessary. To resolve transit issues and comply with HandyDART standards, I acquired a Papillon puppy to train and get certified as a service dog so she can ride the bus with me. I worked this out directly with HandyDART. Instead of supporting a disabled client navigating these necessary accessibility steps, Paws for Hope refused enrollment for the puppy under rigid criteria and then used out-of-bounds reasons to terminate Zoe’s care entirely.

​Unauthorized Use of Photos and "Washing Their Hands"

To make matters worse, the foundation utilized photos of my senior dog for donation campaigns spanning from 2021 to 2026. I explicitly instructed Executive Director Kathy Powelson not to use my dog's photo anymore and to take any and all photos of her down because I knew they were actively looking for fabricated reasons to terminate us.

​They are incredibly fast to try and wash their hands of me and by extension, wash their hands of my senior dog. I recently received an email from the manager at Scottsdale Veterinarian Clinic asking where they should transfer Zoe's files. I never asked for my files to be transferred. They are just trying to get rid of us as quickly as possible, leaving a 13-year-old dog without her entitled medical care.

​To compound this, I recently found out that the previous vet I was going to return to passed away last month. I am left dealing with that loss on top of an organization that clearly has no heart and couldn't care less about what happens to an animal.

​Ignoring Evidence and Breaking the Law

I presented the proper dates, emails, and screenshots to correct the record regarding their fabricated claims. Despite this evidence, the Board of Directors via Vice President Katelynn Denny formally closed the dispute and upheld the termination.

​By ignoring the binding nature of our contract and established legal principles like res judicata, they are breaking the law. I have retained a pro bono lawyer to pursue formal legal action.

​Donors deserve to know the truth. The public narrative presented on their website is a facade. Behind closed doors, they will drop a disabled client and deny a senior dog medical care over internal politics, proving that their words mean absolutely nothing.








No comments:

Post a Comment