https://www.pawsforhope.org/what-we-do/remote-communities/
The Reality of "Transportation Funding": Nine Months of Out-of-Pocket Costs
Paws for hope animal foundation website claims they are committed to removing barriers for those who lack vehicles, specifically boasting that they provide "funding for transportation and transfers." But their public marketing is a far cry from the reality I experienced.
For nine months straight, I was forced to travel back and forth to the Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic to ensure my senior dog received the care she needed. During that entire nine-month period, I never received a single cent of transportation support from Paws for hope animal foundation. Instead, I was forced to pay out-of-pocket for Ubers and cabs every single time, depleting my own limited funds to get to and from appointments.
The "Pressure" Narrative: A Tool for Denial
The hypocrisy runs even deeper than their public marketing. When I reached out to Paws for hope animal foundation representative Kathy Palason for helpnoting the immense burden of these trips and requesting assistance with my senior dog's medical food I was met with hostility. Kathy Powelson Executive Director explicitly told me that by asking for help, I was "putting pressure on the program." Kathy Powelson Executive Director dismissed my request entirely, claiming that they "don't deliver food" and that "that's not what they're about."
Let’s be clear: they advertise a service to the public to secure donations, but when a disabled client actually needs that service, they claim it’s "not what they’re about" and accuse the client of being a burden.
A Pattern of Deception
The more I dig into this organization, the more lies I uncover. For nine months of constant trips to Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic, I bore the entire financial and logistical load while they sat on hundreds of thousands of dollars in annual donations.
As a permanent HandyDart client, I have no other accessible transportation, made it impossible for me to navigate this system without the support the organization refuses to give. They didn't just fail to provide the transportation funding they promise; they actively shamed me for asking for it.
When you strip away the marketing, the reality is a foundation that forces disabled clients to fund their own care, strings them along for weeks under the guise of finding "volunteers," and then gaslights them when they ask for the support they are entitled to. I have the screenshots, the recorded conversations, and the email evidence.
Looking back at my time in the program from 2021 to 2026, the pattern of neglect is undeniable. In those five years, I have not once received the transportation support they claim to provide. As I continue to dig, I am discovering more and more resources that they have intentionally cut me out of resources that were meant for the community, but we're being deliberately withheld from me. This is not just a failure of a program; it is a systematic denial of the support I am entitled to, and I will continue to expose these lies until I receive the support I am owed and deserve.
My community donates to people like me, and i'm part of the community that is part of the community that is supposed to be entitled to these resources from Paws for hope animal foundation but instead















No comments:
Post a Comment