It Should Always Be About the Animal
I just got notified that Dr. Peters passed away in June 2026. I just got off the phone with his wife, and I am completely devastated. That man was amazing. He went above and beyond for my dog, and it actually brings tears to my eyes that such an amazing vet is no longer here.
I remember how my 13-year-old senior dog would get so excited every time I’d say, "We're going to see Dr. Peters!" Her tail would start wagging immediately. The moment she heard his voice in the office, her tail would go, and she would be so incredibly excited to see him. I have never seen her like that with any other vet. He was always so gentle with her, and the relationship we had with him meant he was like family. I don't know who to turn to now, because the one person I thought I could turn to is no longer here.
It just seems like at every turn, every person is completely giving up on my dog. Her previous vet , Dr. Llewellyn, doesn't care about the situation that's going on. If he did, he wouldn't be giving up on my 13-year-old senior girl. She doesn't deserve this. She doesn't need to be passed around. She deserves to have a vet that she knows, a vet that she's comfortable with, and get the medical care that she deserves. Which was stripped away by my hope for paws foundation and hope for paws better together program.
At the end of the day, people are making this about themselves. They are making it about their situations, about this, and about that when it should always be about the animal. That is what it comes down to, and the one person she had left who truly cared is no longer here.
In Loving Memory of Dr. Peters
Thank you so much for everything that you have done for both me and my dog. I will always remember the way her demeanor would change the second she knew we were seeing you. Hearing your voice in the waiting room made her whole body wag. You were truly special, and you treated her like family. Now, she has not only lost you, but she has lost the other vet who I thought had her back and cared, too.
To the Hope for Paws Foundation and the Hope for Paws Better Together program:
I want you to realize the really bad situation you have put me and my 13-year-old senior dog in. It is horrible what you are putting me through and what you continue to put me through. And it isn't just me that is suffering—it is my 13-year-old senior dog, and my puppy who is just trying to get certified.
You say you don't cause harm to people or animals, but this is exactly what you are doing. You do not understand the effect that your actions, choices, and decisions have on people. Finding out the news about Dr. Peters today just puts the icing on the cake, and it has been proven with everything you have put me through that you just don't care.
Dr. Peters, I wish you were here.π

No comments:
Post a Comment